Wednesday, January 27, 2010

6 Raw Food Diet Myths

The Raw Food Diet brings up many issues...this brief paraphrased converstaion is taken from one of Raw Food Wisdom's favorite experts Frederic Patenaude. Please vsit his excellent site (See link below) where he goes into great detail about the false ideas and issues many people have regarding transition to a Raw Health Diet. Maybe you have considered these very questions?

"I don't know if I can get enough nutrients and protein with just raw foods."

Frederic: "You can get not only ENOUGH protein on the raw food diet, but by eating raw foods you'll get the best quality"


"I don't want to limit my diet to just raw foods.


Frederic" Many people eat only 50% raw foods and receive tremendous benefits" Shocked?

"I cannot seem to avoid cravings for bread and chocolate, or other cooked foods."


Frederick:"you will not crave cooked foods or junked foods. If you follow a raw food diet and have cravings, you're doing something wrong!"

"I don't know how I could have a social life on this diet."

Frederic:"You don't have to be an outcast in order to be healthy! You can still go out for dinner, enjoy the company of your friends and enjoy delicious foods"

"I think I would have to give up too many things I love."

Frederic:"If your idea of raw foods is limited to just salads and fruit, think again. There are so many delicious meals you can prepare that will blow you away"

"I'm not sure how I can get enough energy just eating raw foods."


Frederic: "I tell you which foods to eat and in what proportion, and which combinations to avoid in order to at least double your level of perceived energy."

For more detailed information on these questions and other Raw Food Diet myths Frederic Patenaude's The Raw Health Starter Kit is a great place to start.

CLICK HERE for more Frederic Patenaude information



CLICK HERE for more Frederic Patenaude information.






No comments: